True North Soy Candles are made from American soy wax, which is a processed form of soybean oil. We create and pour only container soy candles, because soy wax typically has a lower melting point, better scent throw and is Eco-friendly.
- Natural soy candles are made from soybeans, not only making them a safe and natural alternative to petroleum-based paraffin, but also renewable and biodegradable. By buying soy wax products, not only are you supporting American farmers you’re also ensuring that your soy candle burns clean and won’t detract from your air quality. With prolonged use, soy candles may create a fine white residue that’s nontoxic and easy to clean. Soy wax cleans off of just about any surface with a simple solution of warm, soapy water.
- A candle made from soy wax burns cleaner with little soot released as the candle burns. Paraffin candles often create a significant amount of black soot that collects on the jar, as well as on your walls and other surfaces of the home. Soy candles are also non-toxic, so they won’t release toxins into the air as they burn.
- Soy candles typically last longer than a paraffin candle of the same size. The reason behind the longevity of soy candles is the slower burning time and cooler burning temperature of the soybean-based wax.
- A soy candle works well for holding onto the scent from fragrances and essential oils, which are often used to scent candles. Because they burn more slowly, the scent is gradually released; there won’t be an immediate wave of strong scent. This creates a more pleasant atmosphere for most people. The natural wax also holds onto color well, which makes it look more attractive.
There are many products on the market to make candles from. Soy wax can sometimes deter people because it can be hard to work with, but the rewards are worth every bit of it. Soy beans are harvested and taken through a process called hydrogenation turning the oil separated from them into wax. Therefore, it’s a renewable resource, biodegradable, vegetarian, carbon neutral and environmentally friendly. It burns cleaner than other waxes as opposed to the commonly known paraffin wax, which has 11 known carcinogens. Soy also has a much higher melt point so it in turn burns for a longer period of time giving you a longer lasting product to enjoy.
- Each True North Candle Company Soy Candles are 100% American made handcrafted in Michigan. We stand behind each and every candle we make!